The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET PG 2017) is an entrance examination for all the medical students who wish to be a part of any private or government institution for any postgraduate course. Are you a medical student who is looking forward to taking admission to a better college for your favorite post graduate course? If the answer is yes, the NEET PG 2017 is definitely you must look forward to.
For the first time, NEET PG was proposed to take place from 2012 and onwards. But there were many speculations and news about NEET, as an outcome of which it was taken a step further to 2013. Notifications about the same were given to a combined decision by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and Medical Council of India simultaneously.
As per the NEET updates, it was declared as illegal by the Supreme Court of India in the year 2013. But it was only on April 11, 2016, that NEET for PG was restored as a result of the verdict by five-judge Constitution bench. NEET PG Medical 2017 is thereby all valid and is on the rolls to commence next year for students to come in and participate.
For PG NEET 2017 or NEET PG latest news candidates can buy the NEET prospectus from all the designated shops or even online. NEET 2017 PG requires the candidate to fill up the NEET PG 2017 application form and complete registration process. There are various courses that candidates can apply even for the NEET PG dental 2017. Here are all the necessary details including exam date, eligibility, and results for NEET PG 2017. Be it NEET PG Syllabus or NEET PG exam pattern check in depth details so that you don’t go wrong on any side.
NEET PG 2017 Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Dates and Much More:
Key Dates to Remember:
|Release of information brochure detailing how to apply and other details||September 26, 2016|
|Online registration for NEET PG begins on||September 26, 2016|
|Last date for the Online Registration||October 31, 2016|
|Extended last date for Online registration for applying||November 7, 2016|
|Admit card will be generated online||after filling Application and payment of fees|
|NEET PG 2017 will be held from||December 5 to 13, 2016|
|Announcement of result for NEET PG 2017||January 15, 2017|
Click Here for Direct PG MD MS Admissions.
Candidates are directed to go through the following NEET PG 2017 eligibility criteria to apply for the same.
- It is mandatory that any candidate applying for NEET PG 2017 must be an MBBS degree holder from an acclaimed national or international medical organization or institute. Furthermore, it stands vital that institute is registered under the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- Candidates applying must have accomplished their internship. Besides it is also essential for the candidates to gain permanent registration from the Medical Council of India (MCI)) or else State Medical Council (SMC).
- Candidates who are still pursuing internship can also apply but only if it comes to completion by 31 March 2017.
- Candidates gained MBBS degree apart from the institutes recognized by MCI don’t stand eligible to apply.
- If any of the candidates has not yet completed an internship, he/she cannot apply for the examination.
- If any of the candidates are not registered with either MCI or SMC, they are ineligible for applying. For this candidates must have a look at below institutes that have their own way of selection but are exempted from NEET PG.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh
- JIPMER, Pondicherry
- NIMHANS Bangalore
- Sri Chitra Institute, Trivandrum
- SGPGIMS, Lucknow
- Also if the application form for examination is not done in the desired format and reaches late, the automatically candidate becomes ineligible for NEET PG 2017.
Each candidate applying for the examination needs to fill up the application form only through the online process. Below are some of the pointers to remember for the same.
- It will be made available online on September 26,
- The last date for submitting the application form is 7th November 2016.
- Candidates must go through all the instructions given alongside the application form in before applying.
- Once the candidate fills up the application form, one needs to save it and send the application to the prescribed address.
- Applicants are directed to keep the printout of confirmation page for future use also.
- As there will be 41 cities across India where NEET PG 2017 will commence, candidates are advised to choose preference wisely. As no changes can be done after that.
- This will complete the application process for the examination.
Application Fee for NEET PG:
There is a prescribed application fee that is to be given by the candidates so as to complete their registration for the test. Here below is a tabular view of application fee for NEET PG as decided by the concerned authorities.
|Category of Students||Amount|
|General/ OBC Applicants||Rs 3750/-|
|SC/ST/PWD candidates||Rs 2750/-|
Candidates can pay the prescribed application fee through the online payment gateway. This can be done by paying through either credit or debit card.
Below are the reservation of seat highlights and the number of seats.
- For the NEET PG in all India almost 50% of the seats are reserved for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses (all states excluding Jammu & Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana).
- There are available state quota seats for MD/MS/PG courses for all States/Union territories of India (including Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Jammu & Kashmir).
- There are MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at all Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/Deemed Universities across all India.
- MD, MS, courses in Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- Also, there are DNB Broad Specialty courses (January 2017 Admission Session).
Syllabus Highlights for NEET PG 2017:
The syllabus for examination is prescribed by the Medical Council of India for the candidates to prepare from. The whole syllabus is an amalgam of respective states syllabi and the one prepared by Council Board of School Education (COBSE), National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT), Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).Check out the following highlights for the syllabus for examination 2017 with the weight age of questions that will be asked under the same topics.
|S. No.||Subject||Subject wise weight age of the questions|
|8.||Social and Preventive Medicine||25|
|9.||Medicine Dermatology & Venereology||37|
|10.||Surgery, ENT, Orthopaedics and Anaesthesia||46|
|11.||Radiodiagnosis and Radiotherapy||12 (6+6)|
|12.||Obstetrics and Gynaecology||25|
Click Here for Direct PG MD MS Admissions.
Exam Pattern for NEET PG:
- The examination is for MD/MS and PG diploma courses.
- The NEET PG will be conducted online.
- It is a computer based test.
- This will be a multiple choice format test paper.
- There will be four options provided against each question.
- Candidate needs to choose one correct out of the four.
- In total, there will be 300 questions.
- The paper will be asked in English language only.
- There will be no negative marking in the paper.
- The total duration of the paper is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- There will include two sessions for the conduct of examination i.e. a forenoon and afternoon session.
- Timings for the forenoon session will be from 10:00 am to 3:45 pm.
- Timings for the afternoon session will be from 3:45 pm to 7:30 pm.
- The test will be held from 5th to 13th December 2016.
- Candidates are advised to keep in mind the particular weightage for each topic while attempting the question paper.
Essentialities to be taken inside the examination hall:
Here are the necessary documents that the candidate needs to carry to appear for the examination.
- Candidates must have the photocopy of the admit card with the prescribed photograph uploaded online pasted on it.
- It is also mandatory to carry one original identity proof along. The identity proofs that a person can take include, PAN card, Aadhar card (with photograph), driving license, photo identity proof, voter ID and passport. Candidate can take any one of this having correct information.
- Candidates who have obtained their MBBS degree outside India or fall under the international category are required to bring original screening test pass certificate.
Admit Card for NEET PG 2017:
After the registration and scheduling process is completed successfully, the candidates can get their respective admit cards. After the completion of registration and scheduling, there will be a system generated mail that candidates will receive. They can get the admit card via e-mail. Further, it is required to take the printout of the same and affix a latest passport size photograph on it. There are some specifications for the photo to be pasted that are listed here below:
- The size of the photo should be a minimum of 35x45mm. Which means it must cover at least 75% of candidate’s face and head.
- The photograph to be pasted must have the name of the candidate and the prescribed date on which it was taken right below.
- It is mandatory that background color of the photograph must either be white or any other light color.
- The further photograph needs to be printed on a high-quality paper with at least 600 dpi Resolutions.
- Candidates are advised to not to paste any photograph that is backed by a shadow or reflection.
Result and Qualifying Marks:
The result for NEET PG 2017 will be out on 15th of January 2017 for all across the country 50% quota seats. Further, the result can be checked by the candidates through online mode on the official website. Although there is no provision for re-checking/re-totaling/re-evaluation of the answer sheets. Moreover, the result will stand valid only for one year after taking the test.
Going further for the qualifying marks candidates need to check out the following pointers under the same.
- Students are required to score 50 percentile to get admission.
- The percentile to get admission is a bit less, e., 40 for SC, ST, and OBC candidates.
- Whereas the minimum percentile for the PWD candidates (locomotory disability of lower limbs) is 45.
- In case there are two candidates with similar percentile, or if there is a tie, in that case, the candidate with older age will be given preference.
Last but not the least comes the counseling part. Once the candidate gets the result and stands eligible, counseling is the next step. It’s the Medical Counseling Committee that will take hold of the counseling procedure for candidates. There will be no charges from the candidates for the same. Here below are the highlights of counseling to be known by the candidates.
- For all India 50% quota seats: It will be conducted MCC of Directorate General of Health Services, Government by NEET PG 2017 results.
- For the state quota seats: It will be carried out by concerned States /designated authority. The counseling is carried by NEET PG 2017 scores.
- For the admission to Private Medical Colleges, Institutes, Universities, and Deemed Universities: It will be conducted by any of the authorities of the concerned institutes or colleges.
- For admission to Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions: It will be done through a proper counseling This will be headed by the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS), Ministry of Defence, and Government of India. The NEET PG 2017 scores will decide the allotment process.
Click Here for Direct PG MD MS Admissions.
Apart from this, candidates are required to carry the following documents while going for admission.
- High School/Higher Secondary Certificate/Birth Certificate.
- NEET PG 2017 Examination Admit Card.
- MBBS Mark Sheets.
- MBBS Degree Certificate.
- Rank Letter.
- Permanent Registration Certificate issued by MCI OR State Medical Council.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Identity Card Proof
- Category Certificate
Thereby these are all the necessary details that the candidate needs to look after before applying for NEET PG 2017 examination.