It was founded by A.C. Shanmugam (ACS) under Thai Moogambigai Dental College. They were established in 1987 and 1991 respectively. These two colleges were made into constituent colleges of Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute University, by the Ministry of Human Resource Development and the University Grants Commission.
The following colleges are part of the institute:
- M.G.R. Engineering College
- Rajarajeshwrai Engineering College
- C.S. Medical College
- Thai Moogambigai Dental College Chennai
- Aarani campus
- Institute of Hotel management
- Institute of Nursing and Physiotherapy
- Institute of Humanities and Sciences
- Institute of Teacher Training
- Institute of Management
- Thai Moogambigai Polytechnic College
The university has campuses in Bangalore, Arani and Kodaikanal.
ACS Medical College Direct Admissions in MBBS and PG courses 2017
ACS Medical College admission procedure, tuition fee, direct admission procedure, admission procedure under management quota / NRI quota*, courses offer, different campus environment, scholarship.
- B.Sc. Aligned Health Sciences
- B.D.S (Dental)
- B.Sc Nursing
- Community Medicine
- Tb & Chest Diseases
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- General Surgery
- Forensic Medicine
- Bio Chemistry
- Micro Biology
- Radio Diagnosis
- General Medicine
Facilities at ACS Medical College:
- IP & OP Service
- Central Laboratory
- Seminar Hall
- Hostels & Quarters
- Anti Ragging & Gender Harassment
- Clinical Material
- Citizen Charter
Eligibility criteria for Medical/ Health Sciences Courses:
- For UG Courses like MBBS and BDS the applicants should have qualified HSC with PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) group.
- For PG, MD, MS courses applicants should have a certifies Under Graduate degree in Medical sciences.
NOTE: Students should appear in N.E.E.T Exam.